The Hydropower Research Institute complies with the applicable laws and regulations of its Members and Contributors. Privacy is central to the HRI’s mission and updates to the HRI Privacy Statement will change to ensure compliance. For additional details, the HRI Privacy Statement can be found below.
HRI Privacy Statement
The Hydropower Research Institute cares about your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose data. This Privacy Statement covers the collection, use, and disclosure of data collected via our website. This Privacy Statement also describes your legal rights in relation to such data.
Please note that this Privacy Statement addresses the data collection and handling practices associated with the HRI only. Other websites are governed by their own privacy statements.
By using the HRI website, you are subject to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
- Basis for processing personal data
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Changes to our privacy statement
- How to contact us
Basis for Processing Personal Data
Applicable law in certain countries requires us to set out in this Privacy Statement the legal basis upon which we rely in order to process personal data.
- Contractual obligation – We may process your personal data if necessary for us to comply with a contract we have with you or your organization. For the HRI, we process your personal data to create and maintain a user account within our system.
If you have questions or concerns about the legal basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, you can contact us at: Support@HRIData.org
What data do we collect?
The HRI collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name and email address)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the HRI with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register a new account in the HRI
- Log into the HRI website
- Request and run a report in the HRI
- Recover and manage users’ HRI credentials
How will we use your data?
The HRI collects your data so that we can:
- Create and manage an account within the HRI
How do we store your data?
The HRI securely stores your data in an encrypted cloud-based database with limited access.
Personal information will be stored until the associated account is requested to be removed by the user or associated company. Once an account is removed, any personal information attached to the account will also be deleted from the website.
The HRI does not participate in any data collection related with or intended for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
The HRI would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request the HRI for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the HRI correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the HRI to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the HRI erase your personal data with the understanding that data erasure will lead to deletion of the user’s account.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the HRI restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the HRI’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the HRI transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
You have the right to restrict the processing of your data if:
- If you contest the accuracy of your personal data and HRI is verifying the accuracy of the data
- The data has been unlawfully processed and you oppose erasure and request restriction instead
- The HRI no longer needs your personal data but you wish for the HRI to keep it in order to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim; or
- An individual has objected to processing their data, and the HRI is considering whether legitimate grounds to override those of the individual.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: Support@HRIData.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. To learn more about cookies, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Keeping your session secure from attacks
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – The HRI uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. We also use these cookies to keep you logged in and secure while on the website.
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that may set cookies in your browser, in order to help us understand how visitors engage with this Site. To learn more about Google Analytics’ data practices, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en . For opt-out options specific to Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
Privacy policies of other websites
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of any third parties, including those that operate websites to which the HRI website links. The inclusion of a link on the HRI website does not imply that we or our affiliates endorse the practices of the linked website.
Changes to our privacy statement
The HRI keeps its privacy statement under regular review and places any updates on this web page. This privacy statement was last updated on June 2nd, 2021.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about the HRI’s privacy statement, the
data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your
data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Email us at: Support@HRIData.org